Dear KSN family,
I am writing to ask for your prayers in this time. My name is Jacob Kiper and my wife and I are having a crisis. As some of you know, my wife and I are pregnant with twin boys.
Early Saturday morning (5/5/12), my wife's water broke and she began leaking amneonic fluid. As of Saturday, my wife was 21 weeks pregnant. Our target delivery date is sometime in mid to late August. My wife has been in the hospital since Saturday and will likely be there until she delivers our baby boys... for better or worse.
Our problem is that our babies have zero shot at survival if my wife delivers before 24 weeks. As of today (5/8/12), we are 21.5 weeks along.
My wife is receiving treatment to fight potential infection and contractions. 60% of women with my wife's condition will deliver the babies within 7 days... we're currently on Day 4.
On Sunday night, my wife had several contractions... and then they just stopped. As of 5:10PM on Tuesday, we've had no known contractions since very late on Sunday.
We need God's help to prevent contractions and severe pre-term delivery. If we make it to 24 weeks, we've got about a 50% chance of survival... and right now, I'll gladly take 50%.
My wife and I would greatly appreciate all of your prayers.
God bless and Go Cats!
Things are still stable. The doctor has now decided to check the white count twice a week instead of 3 times a week... so that confidence is good.
VERY good to hear! How close is that 24-week mark now?
We need to see 2 more Saturdays.
Great to hear! We will keep praying and keep May 26th in mind.
We are still praying for at least 2 more weeks.
Well, we have made it to 23 weeks. Holly received her first injection of some steroid (can't recall name). The steroid will foster lung development of our twins. She will get another injection 24 hours later.
At this point, doctors will try to save our babies if she goes into labor, but we'd still like to have at least one more week. However, at this time, there are no signs of Holly going into labor... so that is great!
That is wonderful news!! :) I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!
That is wonderful news! We'll keep praying!
I think things are still OK, but my wife is worried today. We were told that steroids make white blood counts go up... and after receiving steroids on Sat and Sun, her white counts are indeed up by a lot. The doctor says that he is not worried... and they're going to check her white blood count tomorrow morning to see if it is going down at all... just to make sure the big rise is indeed only due to the steroids.
Kip I just seen this today, I've not been on here that much anymore. I'll be praying for you and have my family to do the same. I hope everything turns out OK my friend. My ex-wife and I lost 2 babies, before we finally had a son, so I know what your going threw. Keep the faith man, and God will guide you threw.
We are praying for you everyday since you posted this and we hope that your little wildcat fans will be born ok.
Today is Thursday, 5/24/12. This morning around 12:30AM, Holly began having several contractions that were causing her discomfort. We took to prayer and the nurses re-insterted an IV for fluids. Within an hour, the contractions slowed down and stopped being so uncomfortable for Holly. My wife is still bleeding and contracting this morning... although it has slowed down. The events were enough to have the on-call doctor called in at 4:00AM.
As of today, we're at 23 weeks and 5 days. While we want as much as we can get, we really need at least 2 more days. The doctor said there is a good chance that Holly could go into actual labor today... which is not good. At this point, our babies will go into the NICU when born, but we want all the days we can get. Being born right now is a very bad thing.
Please keep praying.