Another nice day for practice this spring, we may be approaching a record... hopefully the weather will hold out for the last 2 open practices Friday and Saturday.
- The pads were really poppin' as the Cats held their first true full contact scrimmage. The Cats did a situational first down scrimmage. According to Coach Phillips the defense won.
- As for the QB's, it was another tough day, but we finally saw someone step forward. Mike Hartline had a pretty good…Continue
- Worst day yet for the QB's. Especially for Mossakowski who threw his worst balls of the practice so far. He ran most of the day with the 3's. Hartline and Newton were running with the 1's and 2's switching back and forth. I wouldn't read anything into that as they have switched them up nearly everyday.
- Good news on injury front as Evans was back at practice in pads, but looked to be held out of contact. Mister Cobble was also back battling in the trenches. Cobble…Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on April 5, 2010 at 1:00pm — No Comments
Well the streak of good weather came to an end as rain blew in and the winds really picked up. The rain was coming in sideways for a portion of practice as the winds were really blowing.
- The Cats put on the pads for the first time and finished practice with a short 20 minute scrimmage.
- Big news of the the day was an injury to DeQuin Evans. Evans tweaked his knee during the scrimmage. He went down, tried to stand back up and went back down. He was able to get…Continue
Another wonderful day in the Commonwealth, of course this means it will be 37 and raining for the Spring Game but we'll take it right now. It was also the last day before the pads go on so we shall see if the players are still as excited tomorrow.
- The QB's continued to show good and bad. Mossakowski continues to through the best ball and really does a good job with the curl route, but still has struggled at times.
- Hartline has been the most consistent over…Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on April 2, 2010 at 5:30pm — No Comments