Bill Keightley Tribute
- Classy. The uniforms, which were a complete surprise to everyone where a nice touch, the retiring of his jersey with the #48 as the number of years he worked at UK, to the playing of his interviews during the 1st tv timeout(no band playing, no cheerleaders, and most importantly no stupid sponsors, just 20,000 quiet fans listening intently) were all very classy. They did however lead to a very weird feeling in the stands, especially in… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on December 8, 2008 at 10:31am —
- Perfect from the field and the free throw line to get a career high. Added 7 rebounds and 4 assists to have a huge game.His downcourt vision, finding Patrick for wide open layups and dunks was awesome. Stepped up huge with Porter out and showed he will be a big time player.
- Finally gets some playing time and makes the most of it. Had 5 assists and 1 turnover.
- Made… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on December 4, 2008 at 8:28am —
On the ride back from Knoxville it was suggested this column should be
Thumbs Up - Basketball
Thumbs Down - Football
Hard to argue with that, but here goes anyway...
- Had some great tackles and lead the team on defense.
- He made a FG.
Winston Guy's pregame dance
- I know we stretching it here but there really wasn't anytthing else that… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on December 1, 2008 at 11:00am —
- 5 assists, 4 turnovers, and 5 points. I'll take that every game from Porter. I know he is not a fan favorite on here but when he gets more assists thant turnovers he is doing something. With Liggins pulling his stunt, we desperately need Porter and he provided a solid game.
1st half Jodie Meeks
- He at many times had outscored KSU himself with his 24 points in the 1st half. Was on fire and unstoppable. Amazing to watch… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 29, 2008 at 9:27am —
-Was everywhere against D-State. 13 points and 4 assists with important no turnovers (especially after t.o. fest he had at UNC). Was making great passes, getting his hands in for deflections. Just showed his great athletic ability. He does need to pull the trigger on his open outside shots instead of passing.
- Pretty nice game for Mr. Porter. 3 assists, 2 steals, 8 points and most importantly no turnovers. If… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 23, 2008 at 2:37pm —
Added by Rob Elliott on November 22, 2008 at 7:35am —
I delayed writing this last night, because I just couldn't think anyone or anything that deserved a thumbs up. On the other hand nearly everything I wanted to write as thumbs down is carbon copy of what I have written for the past 12 weeks. Then it hit, the worst part of last night, this time has gotten no better since August 31. The same mistake over and over, bad WR play, stupid penalites, bad nickelbacks, and honestly, I'm not sure they deserve a bowl. They'll go to one but, 2 -1 point wins… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 16, 2008 at 9:51am —
- Finally a good song and good video for the team introductions. So much better than last year's and light years better than football. They also have finally saved the fireworks for the all the players names being introduced instead of shooting them off all at the beginning as well.
- The kid has it and it looks good! The spark, the athleticism, the talent is all there for this kid to be a star. Also… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 14, 2008 at 11:41pm —
High school football is great thing for the youngsters of America. It gives kids discipline, keeps them from getting into trouble, keeps some coming to school, and still yet for others it gives them a chance to go to college they may not have had. Many, many lessons to be learned. But for the KHSAA that wasn't enough. Two years ago the KHSAA and its member got together and decided that there was another good lesson for the kids, if you can't beat them create your own championship!
Added by Rob Elliott on November 14, 2008 at 5:49pm —
- Wow! Just wow. They guy was amazing. He took control of this offense and rang up 38 points. I'll admit I was wrong. I though Hartline should have been the starter early this year, but this guy is just amazing. The most impressive performance I've seen of a freshman QB at UK.
- They guy was chest bumping his players after big plays, arguing at the refs and making pretty smart coaching decisions (i.e. calling timeout… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 8, 2008 at 9:00pm —
Gillispie wasn't pleased with Stevenson, but says the game was great for teaching. Hear the press conference in it's entirety.
Gillispie Post Game - Ouachita.wav
Perry Stevenson had some great lines about his night as well.…
Added by Rob Elliott on November 7, 2008 at 11:10pm —
- Continues to look like he has completely healed from his injuries and picked up where he left off his freshman year. Looks like the player we expected he would be last year.
- Logged a lot of minutes (especially with Patterson in foul trouble ) and performed greatly.Had a nice double-double and within sniffing distance of a triple-double with his blocks.
- Scoring in double… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 7, 2008 at 9:15pm —
- Was the most impressive to me tonight. Just did the little things well on offense. Still needs to improve on defense, but has great hands and his footwork is pretty good too. Didn't realize he had that range either. If this kid can keep pushing himself he can be a truly great player.
- The kid is going to be special, he is a great talent with great athletic ability.
- He… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 3, 2008 at 11:44pm —
- Played his best game since Georgia in 2006 or since Indiana in 2004. Hit the holes hard, broke tackles, and even dragged some Bulldogs down the field on carries. Made holes open and found space where there wasn't any. Stepped up big time. Especially with 'Fonzo and Allen getting some injuries. Would love to see him end his career over the next month with continued great performances like this.
- Responsible for… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on November 1, 2008 at 11:32pm —
Well it seems to happen once a year under Brooks, the team comes out lays an egg. Last year it was Miss St. The year before it was LSU, and Indiana the year before that. Hopefully, the Cats can regroup and refocus and get back on track. Here goes...
(this was tough to search for this week)
John Conner- You know thinks are bad when you look down the stat sheet and see the fullback is your leading reciever. That's the way it was for the Cats today, Conner… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on October 26, 2008 at 12:00am —
Technically this would be Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down version 2.0, because I sat in Commonwealth I was writing this column in my head. Wondering what I would give a thumbs up too, but then the final 5 changed all that. So here goes...
- Even with missing the time he did, he still may set the UK single season record for tackles. The guy is just a beast. He is everywhere on everybody.
With or without… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on October 19, 2008 at 9:00am —
Well... this won't be for the faint of heart. Here goes...
- A career high in tackles. Worked hard to keep the Carolina rushing game in check on basically one good ankle.
- That pick in the first quarter was one of the most amazing plays I've seen in all my years as a Wildcat fan. Enjoy him Wildcat fans, we have him for 6 more games before the NFL beckons!
- 80 in… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on October 11, 2008 at 8:30pm —
Greetings from I-65 north bound. Let's get to it...
- Could someone please ask Mark May in which game we will give up 22 points by halftime? They proved they are legit and can matchup against anybody. They made plays, shutdown the passing, and kept the Bama offense from scoring, all the while playing way too much in the hot Alabama sun as the offense kept going 3 and out. I thought for sure Bama would get us in the 4th as the D… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on October 5, 2008 at 9:30am —
Hard to complain about much this week as the Cats put together their best performance of the season. Here we go...
- He is quietly becoming a good quarterback. Fights through WR drops in the first quarter, gives up his first interception of the season due to WR error and leads the Cats on their best drives of the season. On several occasions in the 2nd half, he checked off to the 2nd and 3rd recievers very nicely. For a young QB who… Continue
Added by Rob Elliott on September 27, 2008 at 11:30pm —
Added by Rob Elliott on September 19, 2008 at 8:56am —