Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of "The Krystal Ball". Last week was another pretty good one for the Ball, going 6-1. The season record now stands at 35-7, the only loss was LSU beating Georgia.
This is a HUGE week for football in the Southeastern Conference
and with that in mind let's take a look at who will win.
Kentucky at South Carolina (12:30 Fox Sports South)
- Well like the title says, is this the year Kentucky breaks the 0-16 against "The Ol' Ball Coach?" I could take the easy way out and simply say no and move on but I won't. The internet and radio shows have been buzzing all week with cries of Mike Hartline should be replaced. Guess what, that isn't going to happen.
Also the Cats will be without Trevard Lindley and Paul Warford on Saturday. I think UK's best chance is to try and control the game on the ground, but ultimately it will be 10 losses in a row to USC and 0-17 against Spurrier.
Krystal Ball Says----- South Carolina 27-14
Vanderbilt at Army (Noon - CBS College Sports)
- The Commodores came up short last week against Ole Miss
and in reality this may be their best chance for a win the rest of the season. The triple option of Army will be a big test for the Vandy defense, but I think they will be up for the challenge.
Krystal Ball Says------- Vanderbilt 20-13
Auburn at Arkansas - (Noon- ESPN)
- The scoreboard operator better have his or hers fingers ready in this one. Coach Gene Chizik
's team has been one of the surprises of the football season, starting out 5-0 and now ranked in the Top 25 and their offense has been a big part of it.
's team rang up 47 on Texas A&M last week and this may come down to who has the ball last. I think the Hogs pull off the upset, just in time for Kentucky to visit Auburn next week.
Krystal Ball Says----------- Arkansas 38-35
Georgia at Tennessee (12:20 SEC Network/WKYT)
- The Bulldogs let one slip away last week against LSU and really need a win here to remain in the hunt for a good bowl game. The Vols looked bad last week before making a late rally against Auburn. Ultimately, I think the 'Dawgs are the better team and they will win.
Krystal Ball Says------------ Georgia 27-20
Houston at Mississippi State (12:30 ESPNU)
This is another one that might light up the scoreboard on Saturday. The Cougars fell back to earth last week, losing to UTEP after beating Texas Tech and Oklahoma State in back to back weeks. The Bulldogs are coming off two tough losses to LSU and Georgia Tech. I really want to pick MSU, but I think Houston will take this one.
Krystal Ball Says-------------- Houston 41-34
Alabama at Ole Miss (3:30 CBS)
- This is the first of two really big games in the SEC this week. For my money, the Crimson Tide
may be the best team in the country. Meanwhile the Rebels have to have this one in order to stay in contention in the SEC West. I think Nick Saban
's team has too many weapons and will outlast Jevan Snead
Krystal Ball Says-------------- Alabama 23-14
Florida at LSU (8:00 CBS)
Of course all the talk this week has been about Tim Tebow
and will he be medically cleared to play on Saturday night. I think even if he doesn't play, the Gators are still a better team than the Tigers.
's club will be trying to break a couple of streaks Saturday night. In history, Number 1 ranked teams are 0-4 playing on the road against a Top 5 team. The Tigers have won 32 straight Saturday night games.
Even so, I think Florida takes this one. Even if Tebow doesn't play, the defense should carry them.
Krystal Ball Says------------- Florida 21-14
Well that's it for this week, what do you think the Cats chances are against South Carolina and who will win the Florida- LSU game. I would like to hear from you. Thanks for reading and supporting the Kentucky Sports Network.